I have been home a week, covered 3 provinces, over 3000 kilometres, attended a graduation, a funeral and been emerged into the Canadian culture. I arrived home Friday the 27th, and found out enroute that my grandpa had died (it was expected). Thankfully my parents had arrived back to Calgary from BC (they were attending a leadership conference) an hour and a half before I arrived back. Since I made a mistake in communication (I assumed that my uncle would not be in Calgary to pick me up due to my grandpa dying, so I called Tyler to come pick me up, which piqued suspicion at my house), my parents figured it out about 30 minutes before I arrived home. The reaction was priceless, screaming, hugging, crying, a little bit of hitting for arriving home at such a time (my bad. haha). But life hasn't really settled down since then, the day after was Tyler's graduation (425 students), then his banquet, then the following morning mum, dad and I drove out at 5am to head to Manitoba (a 14 hour drive). The following day was the viewing, the following the funeral, and the following was my parents business in which I occupied myself by walking around Winnipeg (beautiful city). And then we drove back home on Thursday. This weekend hasn't held much, working in the garden, walking around, church. It has been lovely, busy, but good. Not much is happening this week; dentists, driving test, more banquets, rugby games, visiting some people, returning books, bathing suit shopping (that's a little more than I thought..) and other stuff that I'm sure I don't know about yet. But on Friday my parents are driving me, a fellow interning friend and Michael down to Montana so that I can begin my time at Camp Bighorn. I will be spending the summer down there as it is part of my Explore program requirements. Not much time at home (have I unpacked my bags from Asia? Psh. Do I need too?), but so far it has been wonderful. Below are some pictures of the pre-grad and graduation.
Can you find him? He's the one in blue.
We don't need a reason to party...but we don't mind one.
Dad and I all dressy for Ty's Grad banquet.
And for all those who are still living in South Asia. My biggest culture shock moment is below (driving to Manitoba, 90% of the 14 hour drive consisted of this. INSANE). I had forgotten how big, how green, and truly how empty (or rather, spacious) Canada really is.
Well friends, I suppose I should unpack some....maybe....maybe not.
Blessings,
Beth