May 26, 2009

Bubble Notes #2

 
 
 
 
It started off sunny, but just like Calgary, the weather soon changed and it is now overcast. But the last week has had some rather beautiful weather! My freckles are now merging into the commonly known "tan", except, mine looks a little different because it is spotted.
 
This past week has been amazing and eventful. First, my 19th birthday was on Thursday, so as a treat my mum took me out to Mount Yamnuska (everyone who does not live within an hour of the Rockies should be jealous) and we went hiking. Now, before I moved to Alberta, I used to call an hour walk a hike, but really, this is hiking. The past year with Explore has imbedded in me a love for the mountains, and sometimes snow. Well, we were not prepared for snow but we managed to summit in good time.
 
 
We summitted!
 
Also this last weekend, my brothers and I headed up to Edmonton for the annual Youth Conference, the largest one held in all of Canada. There were approximately 16,000 teenagers from all around Canada and the US. It was a truly spectacular event and I loved every minute of it. I stayed with my roommate from this last year and her gracious family, which was a huge bonus for me.
 
In about 2 weeks I will be moving to Carstairs (45 minutes away from home) and soon after will be beginning work in the Northstar office (until I leave come September). I'm looking forward to these next 2 weeks at home, and enjoying the break while I have it.
 
Thank you for all of your prayers and support. I sent out my support letters this last week, so Lord willing there will be some kind of response. One way I would appreciate prayer for is for a new computer. Although this baby has lasted me a long while (I named her Methuselah), I'm not sure she will be able to make it overseas again (I think she has arthritis, because she groans every which way I move her). She also tends to be a little moody at times, and she decides when she want to write forwards, and when she wants to write backwards (haha, I'm dead serious, she randomly starts typing sdrawkcab <-- as such )
 
Much love,
 
Beth
(403) 457-5908
111 Huntcroft Way NE,
Calgary, AB
T2K 4E4