Feb 3, 2010
Bubble Note #36
Today, I hit the official marker of month 5! PTL for all that has happened, it has been wonderful.
Many of you have been asking about mouth progress, well I did go for the draining and it went quite well. I was much more impressed with these facilities than the previous. The oral surgeon seemed to know what he was talking about and immediately began numbing my mouth and draining it (I asked for the topical anaesthesia since I have a phobia of needles...so he gave it too me, but didn't give it time to set in, haha). He also had to cut off part of the gum because it had been stitched over top of my back molar, thus I was biting on it unknowingly and it became infected. So I have to go back on Saturday to have the stitches removed (hopefully this place is a little gentler ;-) ). The antibiotics seem to be working well and I'm pain-free. Thanks for all of your thoughts.
Another exciting event that has happened recently was the discovering of a Challenge Course close to our house! A friend told me about it, so I googled it, contacted the head guy and asked if I could bring the kids to see and/or try out the facilities. The first day they already had a group on the campus so we were not able to do any of the ropes courses, but he said to come back the next day. While there, I shared a little bit about Explore and the ropes courses that I had done. He then asked for any ideas and/or suggestions that I had to let him know. I sent him a couple and the next day he said that perhaps, if I could remember enough, I could come back to do a workshop for them! A refresher and/or brainstorm for new ideas for their course. How exciting! Even though I am very under-qualified for this, he said that even remembering what I have done or done myself would be helpful to them. I'm also planning on going back and volunteering some weekends while I'm still here. It is awesome to see a Believer organization such as this in this city. As the lead Challenge Course facilitator told me, "We're proof that Dad still uses donkeys."
Many many blessings,
Beth
p.s. The kids loved the high ropes, and were shaking a little more than they anticipated, hehe.