Just a quick yarp...I know you've always wanted to eavesdrop on emails (slightly altered for your enjoyment), so here is your chance:
To my most awesome Dentist (in Thailand) I had my wisdom teeth removed on January 6th (at 5pm), to which I would like to thanks the oral surgeon and the staff there for doing a wonderful job. The procedure was pain free and much more enjoyable overall than I ever expected it to be. It has been 3 weeks since the surgery and just tonight the left bottom jaw has begun to hurt again (there was a lump by the jaw bone, I assumed since they had to drill into it to pull the tooth it would be a bruise or something of the sort) and there appears to be slight swelling (there has been no pain since the first week until now). The stitches have been removed and there is no pain in the gum, only a tightness when I open and close my mouth. If you could let me know how I should proceed that would be wonderful. Dear Ms. Friessen, I would like to thank you for your compliment. I am sorry to hearing your post-operative complication. As your mention, the lump on the left lower jaw would be an early sign of post-operative infection which is commonly present in a few weeks after paralell wisdom teeth surgery. One side tends to be infected due to food impaction. In this case, the abscess may be formed at the tooth socket. It would be nice if you are able to see me. However, I would recommend you that the abscess need to be simply drained by a dental profession under local anaesthesia. ... Best regards, The Awesome Dentist So Tricia made a call for me and I have an appointment tomorrow morning (to do...whatever it is they need to do). Woohoo. If you could yarp, the stitches experience wasn't too thrilling, so I'm hoping this facility is a little cleaner and...well, if I have really high hopes, accommodating. Blessings,
Beth