Feb 14, 2011

Bubble Note #56

Sun, Smiles and sometimes some snot.
Is this email not displaying correctly?
View it in your browser.
Bubble Notes

Word of the Day: Summit

To reach the top of a mountain; possibly out of breath and cold, but at least you can say you've done it. See also- Summit Snickers (food group)

Love Listing

February 14th- A day set apart to represent what we love (and to make our culture just a little more consumerist..and obese). So to celebrate this day with you, I have made a top ten list of things that I have loved these past two weeks.
 
10. My health- it’s something none of us take for granted until it is taken away
9. TP- the backcountry does wonders for your appreciation of water and facilitates
8. A warm fresh scented bed- sleeping bags not only insulate heat, but smell as well, yum.
7. Photography- There is beauty in being able to capture precious moment and preserve it forever
6. Fresh Powder- skiing specialization was made all the better by the fluffy snow that God abundantly provided (it also made falling a little less painful)
5. Laughter - I was informed that I always laugh first after my own jokes, true? Maybe *giggle*
4. The Sun- halleluiah winter doesn’t last forever.
3. Having my brother on my specialization – Even though we go to the same school and are in the same program, it is rare that I get to spend 5 days with Tyler in the backcountry, it was cool.
2. Days off – Such as today! Sometimes few and far between but they make the ones that are worth while
1. The Community around me (as in- you) – A challenge some days but for the most part a huge blessing. Thank you Lord.


What's Next?

The first year students will be leading a practicum where they will facilitate a youth group through..well, I’m not sure yet. They have to figure that out ;) After that we have a Wilderness First Responder class (an advanced First Aid Certification class) for two weeks, followed by a “Teaching Through Adventure” class. These next few weeks will be very busy for me, and I would appreciate prayer for strength. Not only do I have assignments to fulfill for these upcoming classes, but also assignments to finish from classes began on campus a month ago and assignments for upcoming classes upon return to Prairie.
Crossing Avalanche terrain- we would cross one by one and unclip our packs for safety. We do training before heading out on these trips so we are well prepared; don't worry mothers, we take precaution. 
I'm mocked every once in a while for my gypsy pack, but hey! It carries a lot. We are expected to carry our own food, shelter, layers, snacks and other self-sustaining supplies for the 5 days we are out there. Sometimes I like my luxuries and bring a pillow ;) 

Copyright © 2011 Beth, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you LOVE reading about Beth and what she is doing in life. And because anything to do with bubbles makes anyone happy. If you don't want to be reminded of the joys of life from Beth's perspective, that's ok too. Just let me know and I'll take you off the list.
Our mailing address is:
Beth
111 Huntcroft Way NE
Calgary, Alberta T2K 4E4

Add us to your address book



Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp