Oct 27, 2011

Bubble Note #65

If you are looking for an excuse for why you haven't gotten an email for quite some time...well, I don't have one. I'm sorry.
Is this email not displaying correctly?
View it in your browser.
Bubble Notes

Rafting in..October?

I was responsible for teaching white water rafting to the 34 new Explore student this year (3 consecutive weeks in the river). As a result, I have become comfortable living in a wetsuit and October rivers. Cold, and yet laughter tends to keep the body warm. 

Same same, but Different

Michael Buble is singing right outside my office, as young college students rip up the floor with newly learned swing dancing moves. A tradition of Explore's, we have at least one swing night every semester. "Save the Last Dance for Me"--reminder that I am dancing with many things for the last time. As this is my final year as an intern with Explore at Prairie Bible Institute it means that this is the year I am 'blessed' with lots of responsibility and teaching opportunities. But it also means that next year (which I will spend on the Prairie Campus), will not hold the same yearly events that I have come to know and love so well. Rafting in the cold. Random Ultimate games. Uncontrollable laughter around the Bighorn dinner tables. Spontaneous trips into town for coffee and debriefing with dear friends. Photo-shoots in the colorful forests. And in general the closeness of the Explore community. Every chance I have to invest becomes bittersweet, as I attempt to pour myself into the details of life and realize at the same time that it may be the last time I have the chance to learn this way. Continue to pray with me that God will use me to grow myself and others towards His Kingdom.

What's Next?

Last I wrote you we had just arrived at Bighorn- well, we are about to leave! Explore is heading back up to Prairie for the rest of the semester this Sunday. While up there I will be beginning my EMT classes (with the pre-requisite of Emergency Medical Responder). Those classes take me until Christmas, at which I will be (Lord Willing), heading to Saskatoon to see my Canadian immediate family and then flying out to Maine to spend some time with Chris and co before returning back to Bighorn in January. I am greatly looking forward to having my own room for a while, peace is often craved for in this chaoticness
Copyright © 2011 Beth Friesen, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you LOVE reading about Beth and what she is doing in life. And because anything to do with bubbles makes anyone happy.
Our mailing address is:
Beth Friesen
Box 4872, Prairie Bible Institute
Three Hills, Alberta T0M 2N0

Add us to your address book

Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp