Apr 20, 2012

Bubble Note #71

Transition- the...1,2,3,4...10 letter word everyone dreads. Or if they don't, they probably haven't done it. 
Is this email not displaying correctly?
View it in your browser.
Bubble Notes

Graduate!

The first year Explore students will be walking in black gowns and funny hats in a week as they recieve a certificate in Wilderness and Leadership Studies. They have worked hard to get to this point and I am excited to celebrate with them all! 

Classes? Check. Exams. Uh. 

As I head into my week of finals I wanted to share the latest paper I wrote. Integrative Seminar is a class that is offered exclusively to graduating students1 at Prairie, and it's purpose is to integrate knowledge and application. The students write a paper on the Theology of....whatever they want. Defend it to the class and have it critiqued by our professor before handing in our final copy. Well, I just submitted my final copy, and wanted to share it with you. 

Spiritual Hunger: Evaluating Eating Disorders in Females in North America

Although reading someone else's paper may not sound like a very interesting addition to your Friday afternoon, I would encourage you to at least skim the content; there is a reality involved that isn't necessarily known by all. I would also love to hear your thoughts on the subject, or if this is something you have previously had experience with.  

1. Except for me, I managed to weasel my way in since I only plan to be at Prairie for one semester next year. 

Truck Stop

I have been blessed to work with a group of 6 other individuals throughout this year as part of my intern team. Ranging from ages 18 to 25, we help the directors of Explore run the program through teaching skills, facilitating the freshman, doing admin/promo work, leading Bible studies, and organizing events. 
We call ourselves 'truck stop' because each one of us hails from a different state/country. Germany, Alberta, Sask., Idaho, Montana, Washington and MISC (that would be me.) 
Copyright © 2012 Beth Friesen, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you LOVE reading about Beth and what she is doing in life. And because anything to do with bubbles makes anyone happy.
Our mailing address is:
Beth Friesen
Box 4872, Prairie Bible Institute
Three Hills, Alberta T0M 2N0
Canada

Add us to your address book

Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp