Sep 17, 2009
Bubble Note #13
It feels like just yesterday that I wrote, telling you that I had just arrived. Although I still feel rather "fresh" to this country, I'm not feeling as uncertain as I did at the beginning. The days are fairly routine, which is nice long term. And the kids are so easy to teach, it hardly feels like a task!
I am currently taking off my bangles. Bangles you ask? What the heck are bangles? Don't worry, two weeks ago I would have looked at you like :-\ too if you had asked me what bangles are. Perhaps I should show you...Well then, my webcam has decided not to work. Since the majority of people that won't know what a bangle is will be male, I will try and describe them in your lingo. Imagine a very large nut (the tool, not the food :P) that is shiny and goes on the wrist. Yes a bracelet, but you wear lots of them, and they jingle and cling and come in every colour imaginable. I'm like a walking wind chime! Except for once it's not out of the ordinary.
I'm trying to think of any interesting stories I could tell you that would be interesting. I took an auto (google auto-rickshaw if you are interested in what they look like) yesterday in the rain, and giggled a couple times while the driver dodge between pot-holes and streams of water running off of roofs. Or I could tell you how I'm getting several more outfits made (let me tell you, between these shiny jingly bangles and clothes that you can buy and have made for under 10 dollars, any girl would feel like she is in fashion heaven. I may come back a diva). Or how Luc and Elisabeth are in a constant battle with me for the top scores in Wii Fit (I'm the teacher...is competition bad in PE? ;-) ). Or perhaps I should write about how blessed I am...
The last week or so Dad has been talking to me a lot. Through others and through His Word. Some of you know I have been really struggling for the past couple months by not planning the future. Ya, not planning. It seems I have a trust issue with Dad as I don't like for Him to have too much control over my plans, to an extent sure, but not all of it; that's just too...risky. I knew before I left that it was something that He really wanted me to work on, allowing Him to plan my life, and not me. Sometimes I feel as if I am drawing my own sketch, I created the boarders and picture and then give God the paint brush. But oh, don't colour outside the lines....here is my life Dad....a paint-by-number that I drew and now you can fill in with the colours I choose. Thank goodness we have a gracious Father that has been gently removing that picture from my hands and showing me what brilliance He can do (honestly, what is a paint-by-number compared to Michelangelo. But I guess He created Michelangelo, so that's hardly even a comparison!).
He also has a sense of humour though. Because He goes to the smallest details to make sure I am paying attention to Him...take for example, the other day I was getting a tad excited because I wanted to look for Universities with a certain degree. Well, what do you know, He froze my computer from going to any web page....except facebook. Now why would that happen? Well...maybe because He knows I would restart my computer and keep trying if I couldn't get on at all, but as I could get on Facebook, I wasn't going to risk not being able to get on even that! I got the clue pretty fast. Shrewd. Fine Dad, I'll stop looking, go ahead and plan. I suck at waiting ;-)
But oh gosh, if you actually got through that good for you.
People keeps on asking me if I am still culture shocking. And to be honest, I have no idea. Either I am in shock....or I'm finally out of Canadian culture shock and feeling normal again. I'll let you know when I figure it out (or I'm doomed as a TCK to be confused for the rest of my life).
Thank you all for your p'ing. It is helping tremendously. Please continue to think of me as the days go on. It is hard to branch out without the help of my family right here. Ok, have to work on Biology. Woot. Grade 4 math at 10, autonomic nerves at 5. Bring it on.
Beth