Mar 25, 2012

Bubble Note #69

...HR- 140, R- 6, BP 70/50, BGL- 4.6, SAo2- 95%...Go. 
Is this email not displaying correctly?
View it in your browser.
Bubble Notes
I just like to think I'm more doctor-like than I actually am. 

Corporate Heart Rate- 130bpm

What does it feel like to be in a room with 350 other potential EMR's? Nerve wracking. As 350 participants trickled into the large room Friday afternoon, small talk consisted of "Are you nervous?" "Ya. You?" "Uh hu." And so began the written portion. Unfortunately I do not get the results for at least a month, but I feel fairly confident in how I did. 
The practical portion took place on Saturday- about 75 of us entered into a small dark room (talk about increasing anxiety...) at 1pm and they called us out one by one to do our scenarios. As several examiners had not called anyone for a while, I popped out of my seat and walked out the door to go use the washroom. Then two people rounded the corner and asked me "Are you Bethany?"
"Uh. Yes."
"Oh, were you going to go to the bathroom"
*Nervous nod*
"Go ahead, and then we'll go up."
"Ok."

So- technically I never even got called from the room. My heart rate was soaring...until I entered the room. I have no doubt that it was because of all of your prayers, but as we started my nerves left and I have complete composure. After the scenario (84- year old women who had internal bleeding and later went unresponsive while in the back of the ambulance) we were ushered into a different dark room (they had Avatar playing, apparently to distract people from freaking out if they think they've failed) and were told to wait for our results. 2 hours later they call us out to find out. "Congratulations" was all he said. And I couldn't help myself from doing a fist-pump. 

So now I wait. I will be sure to let you know when the results come in. Thank you so much for your prayers!

What About This Summer? 

I have been offered a job as Trip Lead at Easter Seals Camp Horizon just south of Calgary. If you are not familiar with Easter Seals, here is what their website says about them, "We are changing lives and changing perceptions. Easter Seals Alberta is dedicated to providing resources and services that enhance the quality of life for individuals and their families living with disabilities and special needs." This job begins a week after this semester, and ends a week before my next (and last) semester. I am very excited to be working in a field that I have spent the last three years training for- though I would appreciate your prayers as I enter into a new type of leadership as I have not directly worked with children/youth/adults with disabilities previously. I will be leading out-trips for this group, as well as leading and working with at least three other trip staff under me. Please pray for discernment and wisdom. 

Copyright © 2012 Beth Friesen, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you LOVE reading about Beth and what she is doing in life. And because anything to do with bubbles makes anyone happy.
Our mailing address is:
Beth Friesen
Box 4872, Prairie Bible Institute
Three Hills, Alberta T0M 2N0

Add us to your address book

Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp