Jun 29, 2012

Bubble Note #73

Hikes in the sun, rain, snow. Laughing at silly jokes in the van. Putting my head down for a short nap and then zonking out for an hour. Such is my wonderful life.
Is this email not displaying correctly?
View it in your browser.
Bubble Notes

Service- Going back to the Basics

I’m sitting on a trailer picnic bench at 6:37 in the morning in rural Montana. I woke up to the sun, warm breeze and a drive around the lake. This weekend has been wonderful. I hitched a ride from Alberta last Thursday in order to make it to a wedding on Friday. Hannah and Dennis (Explore Directors) committed to a lifelong-journey on Friday on a sunny field at the base of the Mission Mountains. But enough of this romantic talk.
The past two weeks have been jam packed of events I never dreamed could transpire to me. And sometimes there was a reason why I purposely did not dream them. We’ll just say that the term ‘poo-naumie’ was never a part of my regular vocabulary, and has now been added. It is a pleasure and a service to work with physically and cognitively disabled individuals at this Camp. I am learning what it means to serve in the most basic of ways, and recognizing that when Christ washed his disciples feet, it is my equivalent to swiping someones bum. Now imagine a last supper with that twist!

What’s Next?

We have one more day of adult camp, and then kids camp starts! Our first kid camp week is Ostomy (learn about Ostomy’s here), and I’m really looking forward to hiking, eating s’more’s and laughing with these kids. God has been blessing me greatly in many ways. This summer is going to be full of stories. I just have to remember to record them (as I have an old fart as a brain).
Copyright © 2012 Beth Friesen, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you LOVE reading about Beth and what she is doing in life. And because anything to do with bubbles makes anyone happy.
Our mailing address is:
Beth Friesen
Box 4872, Prairie Bible Institute
Three Hills, Alberta T0M 2N0
Canada

Add us to your address book

Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp