Summer Summary As the amount of events that have transpired over the last month is insane, I shall once again bullet point for you. Granted, 95% of the women reading this will want more details on at least one point. If you are one of those, let me know, and in...January (when I am guessing I shall have a free moment), I will write back. Can you tell I'm tired? - I booked my ticket to Dakar, Senegal to visit my parents and brother for Christmas!
- I also booked a ticket to London, England for after Dakar to visit my friends whom I lived with in India.
- I have been dating a wonderful man by the name of Andrew Galster since the beginning of summer. He has been an incredible blessing and support to me. He is the Leadership Coordinator at the same camp, and has been creating and leading teenagers through multiple week sessions on leadership. You will all ask for a picture if I don't send one, so there is one at the side.
- My group of 30 diabetic campers was knowingly stalked for 5 hours by a cougar on our second backcountry camping trip. No one was hurt. I almost pooped my pants.
- We evac'ed another group of diabetic campers because of a huge thunder/hail storm that broke over our camp at 11pm one night.
- My tomato plants were destroyed in another July hail storm.
- There is a lot more, but my brain is a touch fried from lack of sleep.
What's Next? - Three more weeks of camp (each with varying degress of difficulty and programming)
- I move back to Three Hills around Sept 1st to begin my final semester at Prairie, after which I will have my Bachelors of Arts in Ministry in Outdoor and Wilderness Leadership (or, we just call it the BAM/OL)
- I will be looking for a job for January, hoping to move to BC and get a job as an EMR. Or something in that field.
| | | | | |