Half Way Done, Double the Skips
Most of you, if asked if you would label me, sweet Bethany Dawn Friesen, as a goody-too-shoes, would most likely say yes. I rebel, but only in the most appropriate of ways. So it may shock some of you to discover that this term (6-week incriment of school), I skipped four classes. Hookey! Me! Granted, I may have done this earlier in my life, but it is quite difficult to play hookey with virtual school (they just don't seem to care if you don't show up by 8am).
Let me now inform you for the reasonings/travels in which my quick jaunts away from school brought me.
End of August: I travelled to Peter Lougheed Park to spend a week vacationing with Andrew's family. It was a wonderful time to meet and connect with them, as well as time to recooperate from the busy summer.
September: I travelled to Prairie to finish my last semester on campus. Was on campus for five days before leaving to Montana to shoot one of my friends weddings. It was a wonderful time of reconnecting and naturally, I loved taking their pictures. During this time Andrew had travelled up to the Yukon with some friends to do a 700 km canoe trip on the Yukon River. Oh the things we do fo fun.
October: Andrew drove back, and several weeks later we turned around and flew to Ontario to pick up his parents vehicle which they are loaning to him. Since it was thanksgiving weekend, I made an quick decision to fly with him and drive back across the nation. So we flew out Sunday and I was back in classes Friday morning at 8am.
What AM I doing right now? I am currently finishing my first term of classes, and within 2 months will be finished my first Bachelor's degree! Andrew will be doing his IFR (Instrument Flight Rules) groundschool until December as well (at Prairie). We are still figuring out January, so please be in prayer with us as we attempt to find jobs, move once again and venture into the world as fully educated adults (ok, hardly).