Dearest Friends,
I cannot apologize enough for the lack of updates I have been writing. About a month ago I was sitting, surfing the net on my computer when all of a sudden I smelt something. A burning something. An electrical burning something...nearby. Yes, it did not take me long to realize that my power cord was frying right in front of my face! Thankfully I was able to back up anything important while my computer used up the remaining batter power. After talking with my dad, we decided not to buy another power cord since, this was after all the 2nd one that had fried, we had replaced almost every part of the computer except the hard drive, the speakers made a sizzling sound every time it was on, the fan, since not placed right, would roar and sound like a motorcycle (the reason why I would not bring it to class...classmates aren't to appreciative when a laptop overpowers the prof.) and the CD drive no longer worked. Perhaps not investing was a worthy investment 
This past month has been, well, eventful and yet not. Work has been going good. Tomorrow I will have another lady in the office! I am so excited to have another human being in the office (I was alone for the entire month of July! I know. And I'm alive). And the final preparations before heading off are falling into place. 23 days from right now, I will be in an airplane...flying to London (12+ hour flight...and only 1/3. Crazy.)
Since it is pretty much impossible for me to recap an entire months events in one Bubble Note, I may simply say that it has been good, a blessed month, exciting at times (riding upon a horse who's main pleasure if freaking out it's rider. Note: Trees are not meant to act as human leg rubbers.), confusing at others (banks?), but overall really good.
Below I have included a letter I recently sent out with my prayer card (which I have attached to this email). Please take time to read the following as it is crucial to future communication overseas.
I'm sitting here drinking hot water, yes, hot water. My healthy alternative to coffee (just an excuse to eat more chocolate in its place).
Thank you, thank you, thank you for all you have done, both financially and spiritually. As this is my first trip overseas alone, you cannot imagine the encouragement that I have knowing that I have such awesome prayer partners/friends.
(We'll have some practice trying the Beth code). If Dad wants it, I will be sending out my "Bubble Notes" at least monthly while overseas. If you are not on this update list, and would like to be, email me at ****. I promise I won't be boring.
Please write. I love to hear about how you are doing, really, besides sleeping and eating, it's next on the list.
Also, please please please keep me in your prayers. I cannot do this without you. I have been warned that I am moving to a very dark country, and spiritual attacks will be present in every form. If you are part of a prayer group, if you wouldn't mind adding me to your list of desperate prayeree's, I would be incredibly grateful. I believe more than anything that you are in this just as much as I am, so if God is ever tugging at your heart to send up a little prayer for me, there is probably a reason, so feel free to write to me and find out the reason why 
Love to you all, and would love to hear back from you,
Beth
